With more than 30 years’ experience in employee relations, Kieren is an accomplished IR and human resources consultant with a focus on dispute settlement and enterprise agreement negotiations.
Specialising in the mining and construction industries, Kieren is a proficient public speaker, presenter and trainer with a solid understanding of the principles of adult learning and a trusted coach and mentor to senior executives all over Australia.
Kieren has held senior roles in both private and public sector organisations. He holds legal qualifications and has the ASIC RG146 qualification for the finance industry.
Kieren specialises in the following industrial relations areas:
- Mining and construction industries
- Dispute management
- Enterprise agreement negotiations
- Conflict resolution
Kieren’s career highlights include:
- Coordinating the NSW mining sector industrial relations during the turbulent period of the Howard Government workplace reforms;
- Taking a large role in the establishment of the mining and construction industry skills council and becoming a member of the NSW Mining Industry Training Advisory Board.
- Taking a lead role in a multimillion dollar project for an industry-owned virtual reality training programme.
- Becoming a director on the Auscoal Superannuation board;
- Being involved in the superannuation industry as an employer-nominated director for various funds since 1998;
- Sitting as Chair of the Auscoal Remuneration and Organisational Design Committee, and being a member of the Audit & Risk committee;
- Formerly sitting as Chair of CoalSuper and chair of Auscoal’s Investment Committee.