Employment & Industrial Relations Consulting Services
If you work in an industry where your staff either belong to a union or have the option to join one, it pays to be informed so you can deal with industrial relations matters effectively and quickly.
Adelhelm & Associates understands that no two industries are the same. Our highly experienced and commercially-savvy industrial relations practitioners offer hands-on consultancy services to help you identify the employment issues your company, department or industry needs to be aware of, then develop effective strategies to manage them. Up-to-date and globally-informed, Adelhelm & Associates delivers cost-effective solutions that seek to improve your company’s industrial relations, whatever the industry.
Our industrial relations consultants work alongside prominent employment law specialists to ensure that all processes, procedures and interventions are compliant with current case law. In saying that, we don’t let the law drive the agenda; we focus on the interests of your business throughout all consultancy proceedings. If required, we can also work with your preferred employment law specialist.
Adelhelm & Associates can help if:
- You need to upskill in employment and industrial relations
- You work in Human Resources and need assistance with strategic and applied industrial relations
- Your collective negotiations aren’t going to plan
- There is a possible major industrial issue peeking its head over the horizon, and you need specialist advice before it arrives
- A union is organising members at your company, and you don’t have time or experience to respond effectively
- You need to improve relationships between management and employees
- You are looking for a practical and proven management/employee communications process
- You need to pin-point any industrial relations problems
Contact the team today for a confidential discussion and a practical solution that works for you and your business.
Dealing with unions can often be daunting. That’s why Adelhelm & Associates believes it’s essential for employers and management teams to be prepared for anything before they head to the bargaining and negotiation table.
Adelhelm & Associates can design or give advice on:
- Independent evaluation of both parties’ bargaining power
The future of a company needs to be strong and cohesive in practice, as well as on paper. That’s why every business plan also needs to take into account a ‘people plan’.
Our Industrial Relations Strategy Alignment service will analyse your current people plan including staffing levels and resources needed, to ensure it fully supports the future of your company and the direction you’re taking it, whatever that might be.
Adelhelm & Associates also offers assistance with downsizing, restructuring, outsourcing and closures when needed.
Being aware of and understanding your staff’s fears, frustrations and sometimes hostility is the first step to successful workplace conflict management. Of course, it’s easier said than done.
This IR analysis is designed for companies that need help with:
- Managing employee, union or management conflict;
- Improving low levels of trust between management and employees;
- Improving communication and relationship barriers between management, employees and unions.
When industrial action happens, it’s important to react quickly, confidently and professionally.
If your business has been, is being or will be affected by union strike action at any time, Adelhelm & Associates can assist with:
- Risk assessment and power analysis of both parties;
- Tactics and strategies to resolve industrial disputes;
- Communications with staff, unions and the media during conflict;
- The evaluation of settlement options.
Whether you’re dealing with staff who don’t respect authority, are abusing their sick leave entitlements, or just can’t do their jobs, our experienced and tactful employment relations consultants can help.
"Adelhelm & Associates have provided a range of expert advice and consultancy services to the RACGP on a number of significant employment issues.
Their highly skilled consultants provided us with a full and detailed analysis of our existing Enterprise Agreement, advice on how to approach negotiations by supporting us to determine the internal and external industrial climate. We were able to establish a strong foundation for our industrial relations platform in a prescriptive and complicated environment.
Adelhelm & Associates have also supported the RACGP with their specialist knowledge in a significant industrial matter. Their consultant handled a workplace investigation on our behalf as an independent and impartial investigator. He managed the matter with professionalism and demonstrated a comprehensive understanding of the relevant legislation whilst understanding the sensitive nature of a number of related issues.
I have enjoyed working with the team at Adelhelm & Associates and would recommend them to support your workplace IR and ER matters."
ROYAL COLLEGE OF GENERAL PRACTITIONERS, VIC