Enterprise Negotiations: Essential steps for Business Professionals (Virtual)
“A practical, informative course delivered by trainers with real industry experience. This course not only provides you with key information, but you walk away with a new found confidence in the bargaining process as a result of role plays and shared experiences. Highly recommend this course to any HR practitioners looking to expand their knowledge and skill set around the bargaining process”.
Natacha Razavi, Workplace Relations and Systems Manager, EACH
"The virtual workshop was brilliant and executed exceptionally. I was worried that the workshop not being face to face will be boring, but I am glad to have been proven wrong".
Dhwani Patel, People & Culture Manager, Metro Trains Sydney Pty Ltd
Two day Virtual Workshop – 9 am to 3pm each day
Foundational A-Z training for enterprise bargaining in the Australian market. The perfect way to introduce management to the knowledge, skills, and strategy for effective bargaining.
- Understand the essential preparatory steps to ensure you are ready to bargain
- A tactical resource guide to counter common union tactics and give you options at the bargaining table
- Understand different negotiation styles and how to use them to your advantage
- Understand your obligations and compliance requirements under the Fair Work Act
- With a full program of applied exercises and case studies, our participants walk into real life negotiations feeling like they have bargaining before!
For inhouse training of four or more participants more competitive pricing is available. Enquire now!Register For Workshop
YOU WILL ALSO GET
- Each organisation receives a FREE one hour Laser Consult with one of our specialist consultants valued at $495* (Valid 3 months from the training date)
- Participants get a comprehensive workbook including a template for a business case and negotiation mandate
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Persons responsible for investigating, planning and preparing the organisation for upcoming EA negotiations
- All levels of management, from all disciplines, requiring a detailed and practical overall understanding of current EA negotiations in Australia
- First time or inexperienced EA negotiators
- An organisations nominated negotiating team to review their planning, business case, approach, strategy & tactics before going live!
- Negotiation interactions, how they work, the stakeholders and their source of power
- How to build a negotiation team
- How to select a lead negotiator – 12 key attributes
- A deep dive into Good Faith Bargaining, how the Fair Commission interprets these provisions, what protections they provide and they don’t cover
- Key compliance steps and milestones in enterprise bargaining
- How to develop a business case and secure your bargaining mandate
- How to identify company claims
- How to undertake a power analysis to identify your leverage at the bargaining table and the leverage of the other parties
- Essential rules of engagement to remain in control of enterprise bargaining
- How to explore and understand union claims
- Common union tactics and effective counters
- Primary bargaining behaviours
- The four domination negotiation styles
- Getting to closure – how to seal the deal
- Important post bargaining actions
Please note, the workshop program may be subject to minor content changes
VIRTUAL TRAINING POLICY
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PARTICIPANTS
- To take part in this training, all participants must have a reliable internet connection with the ability to support video conferencing
- The video conferencing platform is determined by Adelhelm and Associates and all links to the sessions will be provided
- The training has a Camera On, Sound On Policy. This is an interactive training between all participants and the facilitator, and also involves break out discussions and exercises in smaller groups. As such, learnings can only be fully achieved when all participants engage in the training via video link.
- This is a safe, facilitated training environment. All participants must treat each other with respect and courtesy. Where case studies and exercises call for experimentation with negotiating behaviours, de-briefing will be conducted by the facilitator.
- The workshop is supported by a workbook and various training materials that will be sent in advance to the participant. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure they have all the provided materials accessible during the training.
The training builds sequentially over the sessions building practical learning on theoretical content, case studies and group work. As such, learnings can only be fully achieved when all participants engage in each session. The training is not designed for partial or drop-in, drop-out attendance
The 100% money-back guarantee! In the event that Adelhelm is not able to present
a specific workshop, or booked individuals are travel restricted, due to changing
COVID-19 alert levels, affected persons may choose to attend a future workshop within
12 months from date of original workshop date or receive a full refund.
- In the event that Adelhelm is not able to present a specific workshop, due to factors outside of their control, a 50% refund shall apply or alternatively individuals may choose a full credit to attend a future workshop within 12 months from date of the original workshop date
- Adelhelm shall not be liable for any hotel or travel costs incurred due to cancelation. 100% refund, if a written cancellation is received by Adelhelm up to 21 days prior to the workshop. Thereafter, a credit shall apply for attending a similar workshop within 12 months from the date of Adelhelm receiving the written cancellation notification.
Can’t see what you want? Contact the team to discuss a fully-customised in-house training option.