Performance Management Masterclass
One day Virtual Masterclass – 9 am to 3pm
A highly engaging, practical one day masterclass that gives participants an actionable framework for confidently managing under-performing employees.
Learn the strategies for improving employee performance in a way that minimises risks of successful individual or collective disputes, as well as what you can do (and the specifics on how to do it) should employees not improve. Our insider insights practically guide you to performance management mastery!
- Trending now – current legal trends in performance management, the learnings, and watch outs for your approach, policies and procedures,
- Critical performance management strategies for a virtual world
- A simple, best practice framework for performance managing employees within the constraints of the legal framework
- Gain the skills (and a handy framework) required to master the difficult conversations during performance management
- Workshop complex performance management scenarios based on real case studies
- Terminating an underperforming employee – the do’s and the don’ts.
For inhouse training of four or more participants more competitive pricing is available. Enquire now!Register For Workshop
YOU WILL ALSO GET
- Performance Improvement and Disciplinary template letters, including Coaching questions and a Performance Conversations Framework are included in our handy and popular ‘Masterclass resources’ pack.
- Our popular performance management root cause analysis tool
- Each organisation receives a FREE one hour Laser Consult with one of our specialist consultants valued at $495*
Valid 3 months from the training date
What is Performance? Setting Performance Standards and Expectations
- Setting clear performance standards as the cornerstone to fair and preventative performance management
- How to ensure performance standards are met (both what the employee is doing and how they are doing it) – i.e capability frameworks, values and behaviour, workplace culture, and other measures
Why do employees underperform?
- Common reasons employees underperform and what to do about it
- Conducting a root cause analysis – why this is crucial to a successful performance management process
Current legal trends in managing underperformance
- What we can learn from the current legal trends and approaches to performance management
- Critical procedural safeguards to ensure performance management processes are legally defensible
Performance Management in a Virtual World
- Critical strategies to manage performance in a virtual world, - a heightened focus on accountability, setting employees up for success, output vs input measurement, empathy, and evidence.
Informal Performance Management vs Formal Performance Management
- What’s involved in informal performance management?
- How to coach an under-performing employee – a focus on rehabilitation
- When the time for coaching is over – when to move to formal performance Management
- A performance discussion framework that will serve you in both informal and formal conversations
- How to make legally defensible conclusions/ judgements about an employee’s performance.
- The critical role of line managers in performance management
Tricky Performance Management Scenarios
- Here, we’ll cover the ugly and uglier of performance scenarios and workshop how to handle them
- Mental health issues, health and safety breaches, long term underperforming employee, excessive absenteeism, making an under-performing employee redundant, union interference
Terminating an under-performing employee – the do’s and don’ts
- Confidence with legal claims when terminating under-performing employees
- Making the right decisions – how to prepare to terminate an employee’s employment – a to-do list for Managers
Please note, the workshop program may be subject to minor content changes.
VIRTUAL TRAINING POLICY
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PARTICIPANTS
- To take part in this training, all participants must have a reliable internet connection with the ability to support video conferencing
- The video conferencing platform is determined by Adelhelm and Associates and all links to the sessions will be provided
- The training has a Camera On, Sound On Policy. This is an interactive training between all participants and the facilitator, and also involves break out discussions and exercises in smaller groups. As such, learnings can only be fully achieved when all participants engage in the training via video link.
- This is a safe, facilitated training environment. All participants must treat each other with respect and courtesy. Where case studies and exercises call for experimentation with negotiating behaviours, de-briefing will be conducted by the facilitator.
- The workshop is supported by a workbook and various training materials that will be sent in advance to the participant. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure they have all the provided materials accessible during the training.
The training builds sequentially over the sessions building practical learning on theoretical content, case studies and group work. As such, learnings can only be fully achieved when all participants engage in each session. The training is not designed for partial or drop-in, drop-out attendance
The 100% money-back guarantee! In the event that Adelhelm is not able to present
a specific workshop, or booked individuals are travel restricted, due to changing
COVID-19 alert levels, affected persons may choose to attend a future workshop within
12 months from date of original workshop date or receive a full refund.
- In the event that Adelhelm is not able to present a specific workshop, due to factors outside of their control, a 50% refund shall apply or alternatively individuals may choose a full credit to attend a future workshop within 12 months from date of the original workshop date
- Adelhelm shall not be liable for any hotel or travel costs incurred due to cancelation. 100% refund, if a written cancellation is received by Adelhelm up to 21 days prior to the workshop. Thereafter, a credit shall apply for attending a similar workshop within 12 months from the date of Adelhelm receiving the written cancellation notification.
Can’t see what you want? Contact the team to discuss a fully-customised in-house training option.