Performance Management Masterclass
1 day workshop
20 July 2022
For inhouse training of four or more participants more competitive pricing is available.
A highly engaging, practical one day masterclass that gives participants an actionable framework to manage under-performing employees.
Who Should Attend
- All managers with direct reports
- HR, P&C Managers who are responsible for performance management approaches
- Those aspiring to management positions
- Current legal trends in performance management, the learnings, and ‘watch-outs’ for your approach, policies and procedures, performance management in the world of virtual work.
- A best practice framework for performance managing employees within the constraints of the legal framework
- Gain the skills (and framework) required to master the difficult conversations during performance management
- Workshop complex performance management scenarios based on real case studies
- Terminating an underperforming employee – the do’s and don’ts.
- What is Performance? Setting Performance Standards and Expectations
- Setting clear performance standards as the cornerstone to fair and preventative performance management
- How to ensure performance standards are met (both what the employee is doing and how they are doing it) – i.e. capability frameworks, values and behaviour, workplace culture, and other measures
Why do employees underperform?
- Common reasons employees underperform and what to do about it
- Conducting a root cause analysis – why this is crucial to a successful performance management process
Current legal trends in managing underperformance
- What we can learn from the current legal trends and approaches to performance management
- Critical procedural safeguards to ensure performance management processes are legally defensible
Performance Management in a Virtual World
- Critical strategies to manage performance in a virtual world – focus on accountability, setting employees up for success, output vs input measurement, empathy, and evidence.
Informal Performance Management v Formal Performance Management
- What’s involved in informal performance management?
- How to coach an under-performing employee –focus on rehabilitation
- When the time for coaching is over – when to move to formal performance management
- A performance discussion framework that will serve you in both informal and formal conversations
- How to make legally defensible conclusions/ judgements about an employee’s performance.
- The critical role of line managers in performance management
Tricky Performance Management Scenarios
- The ugly of performance scenarios and workshop how to handle them
- mental health issues, health and safety breaches, long term underperforming employee, excessive absenteeism, making an under-performing employee redundant, union interference
Terminating an under-performing employee – the do’s and don’ts
- Confidence with legal claims when terminating under-performing employees
- Making the right decisions – how to prepare to terminate an employee’s employment
- a to-do list for Managers
Please note: the workshop program may be subject to minor content changes
- ‘Masterclass resources’ pack: Performance Improvement and Disciplinary template letters, including Coaching questions and a Performance Conversations Framework
- Our popular performance management root-cause analysis tool
- Each organisation receives a FREE one-hour Laser Consult with one of our specialist consultants valued at $495* (Valid 3 months from the training date)